If you already have a PayPal Pro account you can accept payment with it by entering your API Username, Password and Signature in the corresponding boxes and it will be automatically set up for you.
Leave blank if you do not wish to use payment via PayPal Pro.
GroovyCart simply provides the “pipe-work” to connect a seller with their PayPal Pro account. GroovyCart does not retain the card details, these are simply passed through to PayPal pro.
The following cards are supported:
- Maestro (Requires CardinalCommerce)
- Visa Electron
- Standard PayPal transactions (setting up PayPal Pro will automatically allow standard PayPal transactions)
- PayPal Express
If a customer selects to pay using a card it is not obvious from the screens that PayPal is being used to validate the card.
How to setup PayPal Pro:
To enable this payment method you need to copy your PayPal Pro “API credentials” into the corresponding GroovyCart Payment Methods fields using the following instructions:
- Open two browser windows, one GroovyCart Admin Panel, Payment Methods and the other for PayPal.
- In the PayPal window:
- Login to PayPal,
- Select “My Account” > “Profile” from the top-bar
- Select “Request API credentials” (under “Account Information”)
- Select “2. Set up PayPal API credentials and permissions” (under “Option 1 - PayPal API”)
- Select “View API Signature”
- Carefully “copy & paste” the following fields into the corresponding GroovyCart PayPal Pro API fields:
- API Username
- API Password
- API Signature
- If you decide to use PayPal Pro then it is recommend that you disable the standard PayPal payment method by removing/deleting your PayPal Email on the Payment Methods form.
- Save your edits on the GroovyCart form.
|Change Via:||Payment Methods page (requires login)|