- Google merchant
- Google Merchant Errors
- Google Merchant warning items
- Mature product
- Getting higher on search engines
- Google ranking
Google have disapproved my items and I don't know why:
I have an Error message and I don't know why:
"Invalid item" or "Bad request"
Sometimes Google will send back the error message "Invalid item" or "Bad request" This normally means they have disapproved the product, and if all your products are marked with one of those errors they may have disapproved your sub account.
If we believe this has been done in error (because their server is overloaded for example) we will automatically retry your products.
Why would they do this to me?
It is really hard to tell why Google disapprove of items, the best place to go is to their help manual on editorial guidelines. This will tell you what you are allowed to do and not to do.
However we have found that Google will disapprove your products for:
- Excessive capital letters
- Trying to sell products of a particular category (DVDs)
- Using words that can be misinterpreted as malicious.
- Using brand names, promotion information, payment information or postage information.
We do try and remove common mistakes from your products before we send them, like "free postage" or "buy now" but often simple mistakes can get through and get your product banned.
What can I do?
- You need to first read their editorial guidelines to see if you have made any mistakes in your description/title/image.
- You also need to look at the words you have used and think if any of them could be misinterpreted by a computer to be malicious or an undesirable item.
- If this doesn't work you can contact us and we can help you, we can look at your products and contact Google for you. However Google are unlikely to help identify your problem for you.
Once you edit your product we will resubmit it for you.